Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Card Captain day 3: Giraffe

Welcome to day 3 of me being the card captain for the
Enjoy Michael Strong stamps group.
I keep to wild animals and her is Mike's

The sentiment is a digital stamp printed with
the computer and is from the Create with TLC Blog.

And now I show you how  the card is made.
I started with folding a piece of kraft cardstock and
embossed the front side with this sizzix embossing folder.

Next I stamped the giraffe on a piece of white paper
and just the head on a strip of lighter kraft paper
with walnut stain distress oxide ink.

With peeled paint distress oxide ink I stamped the
acacia leave that belongs to this stampset.

With fossilized amber distress oxide  ink on 
the craft sheet and a waterbrush (and a few drops
of water) I colored all the giraffes.

Now the giraffe and the leaves are cut out and
everything is coming together on the card.
Inside the card there is also a leave and I will ad one
to the enveloppe as well.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!


4 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Great card, love all the texture and colors. Have a great day my friend

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this card, with the embossing and the giraffe border, then the rustic twine and colours of the Kraft and the giraffe, a fabulous card Hetty. AND the great sentiment.
Faith
x

Laura said...

Such a cool card, Hetty! Love how you colored the giraffe and how you added more giraffe heads in the bg! The dry embossed kraft paper is perfect and so is the piece of acacia leaves for the giraffe to eat! THanks so much for sharing your creative ideas!!!

Tlc Creations said...

Love it.....love the layout.
Paulette